Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Takeout Tuesday

Tuesdays is one of my favorite days of the week. It's really quiet at the office and we always order takeout - usually whatever Stacey decides she wants. Today we ordered from Chili's and I got a kids meal - ribs, cinnamon apples and a soda for just $5.99. It was the perfect size and the apples were to die for!

After work Joy and I went for a walk - it was cold. We didn't take our usual route because our toes were going numb. After getting back to the house, she had to use my computer for a school project and I made chicken stir fry for supper.

The highlight of my day was about an hour ago - my brother sent me a text message that said 'I just wanted to see how you are doin and to say hey'. If my apartment was a little bigger I probably would've done back flips right there in my bedroom. Our relationship has suffered since he got in with his "crowd" of friends. We used to be best friends - we even had an apartment together. I sure have missed him. I'm glad he's finally coming around, and I'm thankful he has survived the dangerous lifestyle that he was enduring. I'll take this text message as a sign that he is ready to be friends again. Hopefully he is starting to realize that family is so much more than people you borrow money from.

Please pray for my little bro - I'd love to see him on the right track. That, and I'd love to have my best friend back.

3 comments:

Eyeplaymando said...

Hi! I've been reading all your blogs and love them. Have been trying to write comments, but for some reason, it wouldn't accept my password. I just created a new account and .... let's see if it will work.

Eyeplaymando said...

PS: Aunt W. will know who I am if you can't figure it out. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Mustang 'n' Cowboys...Clancey loves the attention!