Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bad Bad Blogger

So it's been well over a week since my last post...sorry. I'll spare you from the excuses - not that I really have any. I'll give you a quick update though.

My week of fun was pretty exciting - I can see why the doctor ordered it! Between visiting family, treating myself to expensive cereal and tasty leftovers I truely enjoyed myself. I also experienced my first Moon Tan last week! I used to be a chronic tanner until last summer when I had a cancer scare. Luckily it ended up being nothing, but I vowed to protect my skin from then on.

Moon Tans is the only organic tan available in the area. It's made of Aloe, moisturizer and DHT - it won't turn you orange because it's not full of chemicals like your typical spray tan. This is actually an airbrush tan - it gets sprayed on you from head to toe by the owner, Kim. When I got to work the next day everybody was asking if I had gone on a trip somewhere because I was so tan - my face looks so good!

Thursday I had to take Madison to the vet. $116 later she was diagnosed with a UTI and was on an antibiotic AND pain meds. It's been quite a battle getting those meds into her - my floor is covered with medicine and my hands are all scratched up. I've been a little paranoid with this whole tained pet food epidemic as well. I feed her Friskies which has not been on the list of recalled foods, but I still watch to make sure she isn't having any symptoms. She didn't finish her supper last night, barely touched breakfast this morning, then vomited before I went to work. If she hasn't eaten by the time I get home today I'll have to call again. I'd be devastated if anything ever happened to my precious kitty :(

This weekend I got my hair colored, worked a little at Hannaford, then went to a surprise baby shower on Sunday. Two of my sorority sisters are pregnant, one just had a baby, and one is trying to have a baby. My friend Garret just found out his girlfriend is having a baby, and my friend Clayton just found out HIS girlfriend is having a baby. Doesn't anybody get married before having kids any more?? I kind of feel bad for Jaime, my sister that we had the party for - her boyfriend dumped her after she told him she wouldn't be having an abortion. Some guy, huh?

Tonight I am having my ex-boyfriend Matty over for dinner. Very recently we have begun talking again and we both are having a hard time ignoring the sparks that are still there. We both have been through a lot, and he certainly has put me through a lot emotionally. I can't help but notice how much he's grown up though - having a kid must do that to a person. A lot of my friends and co-workers can't believe I'm even talking to him right now. I ponder that sometimes myself, but then I referred to the Bible. Col. 3:13 says "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any, forgive as the Lord forgave you." Also, Rom. 12:2 says "and be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

To err is human and to forgive is divine ~

1 comment:

Midlife Mom said...

Wow! When did you change from being a little girl to this grown up mature young woman!!!??? Loved this post! Sorry about Madison though, let me know how she is doing. Doesn't she have a history of UTI's?