Friday, April 27, 2007

Madison's Mommy

If I was still in college last night would've been called a 'pukin rally'. It was an event named by the Kappa brothers, referring to when somebody ends up puking their guts out (usually because they had too much to drink). Nobody in my household had anything to drink last night, but Madison sure did find a way to let me know she wasn't feeling well. When she started vomiting up bile, I called the ER Vet clinic and they suggested I set up an appointment for this morning. Considering I was just there yesterday (and waited over an hour to be seen) I was less than thrilled with this bit of information.

I went to work early to make up some hours, and took kitty in for a 10:30 appointment. At this point she couldn't even keep water down and I'm a basket case wondering if I have fed my princess some tainted wet food.

When it was our turn to go in the vet tech said they had to take her out back and return momentarily. Almost immediately I heard my baby howling and meowing as loud as she could - they were drawing blood. My nose started to burn and I fought back tears. After taking an x-ray they brought her back in and she curled up in the back of the kennel. Everything came out fine except for the fact that she was constipated and a little dehydrated. They decided to give her a quick IV and asked me to hold her. As they stuck the needle in I started to feel a little warm. By the end of the procedure I had broken out in a cold sweat and had to sit down with my eyes closed - I nearly passed out! I may not have any children, but that cat is as close to my child as any animal could possibly be.

So here I sit at the office, making up more hours. Between the dentist and vet appointments I've missed about 6 hours of work this week. With two fun trips coming up I really need to bank my vacation time!

I also would like to throw in a prayer request. My little brother is in jail right now, paying the consequences for his OUI last month. He really is a good kid, just a little lost right now. I can't imagine what he's going through right now. He's the only member of my family that has been to jail - can you imagine being the person that starts such a trend? Not I! Anyways, please keep him in your thoughts -I know he screwed up and probably deserves to be where he is, but he's still my brother and I still love him ~

No comments: