Saturday, May 12, 2007

Work-aholic

Don't I wish I had co-workers that watched Grey's Anatomy and Survivor. Friday when I got to work all I wanted to talk about was how friggen smart Yau Man is and how I can't believe what a jerk Meredith's father is. And what about George and Izzy - I hope they end up together. It's kind of hard that George is married, but he obviously is pre-occupied with something else. Also, the look that Callie gave Izzy after she gave that whole spiel about taking love for granted was crazy - I could almost see the claws coming out!

Yesterday I worked until 4, got another airbrush tan and picked up some munchies to take to Mel's. Last night I brought Matty over to meet all of my friends - it felt like I was going to a job interview. I'm not sure why I was so nervous because Matty is the most charming man I've ever presented to my friends, but they also know about our extensive past and how much heartache our 5-year ordeal has caused. In the end I got thumbs-up from Mel and Jenn (the ones who's opinions mattered the most) and Jenn even commented that she's never seen me glow the way I have the past few weeks :)

Today I work at the office until about noon and then at Hannaford from 3-10. Somehow between jobs I need to do laundry, vacuum, wrap mom's mother's day present and track down the card that I got her months ago. It is such a cool card and refuse to buy a new one - I don't care if I have to tear my closet apart to find it! I had a hard time deciding what to give her this year - I have like 3 or 4 presents for her. If I see something I know she'll like, I pick it up and stash it away. There are pros and cons to that system - for one, it seems like I never have to do last-minute shopping because I've always got something waiting for her. On the other hand, sometimes I can't keep my little paws off her presents. I got her a really cute Dooney wanna-be purse that ended up in my collection. I bought one in black and one in white. I kept the white one and had every intention to give the other one to her. Well, then Josh died and I needed a little black purse for the funeral. Hmmmm...I could just *borrow* mom's purse this one time, right? Wrong! It's now in my collection and can't imagine not having it whenever I want to use it! Sorry mom - not that she'll ever know it was for her anyways, right?

Aunt Weezie comes home today! Yayyy! I hope she plans on taking me to that horse shop in Florida she blogged about yesterday!!

No comments: