Monday, May 14, 2007

Busy Weekend

Saturday was pretty much the pits. Work was fine and everything, but that's all I did. I'm also not happy about my Nike Shox that I paid over $100 for - I bought them in hopes that my feet wouldn't ache by the end of the day. I think my 10 year-old Adidas are more comfortable!

Sunday I got up and went to mom's for breakfast, than church. Aunt Weezie didn't make it in so I offered to usher. I greeted people at the door and handed out bulletins - not a difficult task. When it was about time for the service to start Jean came over and told me which row I'd be doing the offering - (gulp) offering? Church members take turns with the offering, taking the plates up to the front of the church and making sure they get passed to everyone. I had never done the offering before and was afraid of screwing up! Everything went fine though and I was thankful that I dressed nice and was having a good hair day.

The cookout at Grandma and Grandpa's was fun. It's sad to see Grandma's memory deteriorating, but it was nice to do this while she is still "here". We had burgers, hot dogs and chicken and ate in the garage. It was quite breezy which I wasn't thrilled about, but at least the sun was out.

After lunch Brother and I went to Hannaford. He didn't have anything to do and since he can't drive for the next year I figured it would be nice to get him out of the house. We also went to Petco, then picked mom up and went to Wal Mart. After dropping them off I picked up KFC mashed potatoes and a Hannaford roatisserie chicken. Matty and I munched on that as we watched the final Survivor. For those of you who follow the show, I'm sure you hate Dreamz as much as I did after what he pulled. What made him think the jury would give him a million dollars after dissing Yau Man like he did?! I was very pleased that Earl won though - he and Yau were definitely my favorites. I already can't wait until the next one starts!

There's isn't much for exciting stuff going on today. I work 8:30-5 at the office, then 6-10 at the store. Tomorrow I don't work until 9 so sleeping in will be pretty cool. Tonight I'm going to bed as soon as I get home!

1 comment:

Midlife Mom said...

I think I would take the shoes back and tell them you want a refund if they aren't doing what you wanted them to do mainly keep your feet happy! Thanks for ushering for me, I wasn't in any shape to go anywhere, the Florida allergies get me every time but I am feeling better now. I talked with Jean today and she was fine, she actually called me! I'm going up in the morning to see the guys.