Monday, May 21, 2007

Grease Monkey

It's Monday already? The weekends always seem to go by so fast - probably because I work so much!

Friday night was lots of fun - Matty and I went over to Mel's where Jenn and Ross have been house sitting. We watched the finale of Grey's anatomy (because we weren't awake long enough to watch it Thursday) and then went to Bugaboo Creek for supper. I got 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken and 1/2 rack of ribs, Matty got a filet mignon and a salmon filet - on top of the nachos we had to munch on as we waited for our meal! After we rolled out of there we headed to the Sports Arena and shot some pool. Jenn commented on the chemistry between me and Matty and I was all smiles for the rest of the night :)

Saturday I got up and went to the barn, as usual. Big Buddy was lame so Aunt Weezie threw me on Nick so she could ride Little Bud. Nick was quite a change from what I'm normally used to - he was so frisky and wound up! Aunt Weezie commented that Nick prefers a loose rein, but every time I gave him a little slack, he picked up his speed again! This lil boy sure does need some work - he'll keep me busy this summer!

I ran home in hopes to get a few hours of sleep before my cousin's graduation party. As soon as I got home my neighbor knocked on the door. I answer, all muddy and covered with horse hair as she informs me we have no heat or hot water. Super!!! I crawl into bed anyways and got a little sleep, except for when my mom, my dad, my landlord AND Matty called to interrupt. I slept until about 1:15, packed up some clothes and makeup and headed to mom's for a shower. We all went over to my cousin's college graduation party together, had some food, socialized for a bit and headed out. I did some cleaning at home, then worked 6-10.

Sunday I got up early and headed to mom's for another shower. My landlord informed me that someone should be at my place around 6:00 that night to fix my heat and hot water. How convenient.

After church we went to the Muddy Rudder for lunch - I ate stuffed mushrooms! Then mom and I went to Wal Mart for some groceries. I got home around 4 and cleaned for most of the night. I boiled some water and did the dishes with it because I didn't want to put the dishes off any longer! I also watched a couple episodes of Grey's Anatomy from season 2 - Aunt Weezie lent me season 1 and 2 and I've been watching them bit by bit.

This morning I got up to get ready for work and found there was no hot water. NOT impressed. I got dressed, put a headband on and headed to work. It is now 3:00 and I feel like a big ball of grease! I'm glad I sit out back because I'd be embarrassed to have to check patients in and out. Landlord said I should have hot water by the time I get home - guess all that I needed to push a button by the heather - like I'm supposed to know that! If I still don't have it by the time I get out of here, I'll have to go to mom's because I need to work at the store tonight. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: