Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pay Day!

I *live* for pay day!

These past two weeks have been a little more difficult than most because of Madison's vet bills - thank God she's all better!

I had to take money out of my Christmas Club to buy groceries the other day - luckily I have the option of tapping into it because I've never spent $500 at Christmas time. Matty has a birthday coming up, but he's been hearing about my money woes since day 1 so I know he won't mind not getting anything expensive. We both are trying to save money - I'd like a new Mazda 3 at some point, and he wants to start building a house on his land in Hampden.

Matty and I have been spending a lot of time together lately and I can't remember the last time I have been this happy. It feels like that part of me that died has come back to life with the sun shining and bright colored flowers in full bloom. Not a day went by that I did not miss him when we were apart. We've surely hit speed bumps along the way, but I think the few years that went by has shown how much we both have changed and matured. I'm even looking forward to meeting his son - hopefully I can set the positive example that his mother has failed to do.

I don't have a whole lot going on this week, so again don't have much to blog about. I see Counselor tonight - I've been promoted to going once every two weeks instead of once a week! Survivor and Grey's is on tonight - I always look forward to Thursdays!

Tomorrow I get the last airbrush tan in my package, then hang out with my friends for the night. My friend Jenn's boyfriend just came home from Iraq on Monday and he will be coming out with us too. Their love story is quite interesting - maybe I'll post it sometime when I have more time to type. I'm looking forward to seeing him though - mostly because he has a wicked cool British accent! Poor Mel is kind of feeling like a spare wheel though since Jenn and I both have paired up with significant others. We're trying really hard not to make her feel left out although her jealousy sometimes can get the best of her. Counselor says you can't keep everybody happy so I try not to stress about it too much. All I know is that we are trying - that just might not be enough for some people.

I work 8:30-12 at the office and 3-10 at the store - there goes my weekend. Aunt Weezie comes home though, so I'm sure she'll have some cool pictures to show me. She hasn't blogged much, so that must mean they've been busy!

For mother's day we're going over to my mom's parents house. Her mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and we want to do something special while she can still understand what is going on. We are doing a buffet-style lunch and Grandma doesn't have to do any work at all! It'll be nice to get the family all together again. It seems that lately Grandma and Grandpa are up in Millinocket as often as possible and even when they're home, Millinocket is all they talk about. I know they'll eventually move up there and that kind of bums me out. They've gotta do what's best for them though, and being with their grandbabies is top priority.

1 comment:

BarnGoddess said...

paydays rock. Speed bumps in a relationship are a part of caring for someone. They suck but nonetheless they are there.

good upbeat post :) it even made my old cranky ass feel better.

thnx!
have a good weekend