Monday, May 28, 2007

Nappy Time

Hmmm...I couldn't help but think of Imus after I titled today's blog...

It's Monday and David is having his morning nap. I think Matty's about to take a little snooze too. We just went to the restaurant that is connected to the hotel. The waitress was brand new and obviously was less than thrilled to be there. She got pretty bent out of shape when I asked her what 'scrapple' was and made her go ask the cook when she didn't know the answer. "Uhh it's like sausage, only made of pork. And it's square" was her response. Since when is sausage NOT made of pork? I decided not to order that...

Here's a picture of Lil D playing with the safe that is in our room. He has tons of toys to play with but likes the sound the buttons make when he pushes them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He loves to pose for the camera:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday we went to Zoo America, part of Hershey Park. Matty and I have been there before, but zoos are always fun and we figured Lil D would have a good time. The weather was awesome - it was nice and hot, but no super-muggy, and there was a nice breeze too. The sky doesn't get very blue down here though - definitely nothing like Maine. One of the best parts of the zoo was when a zoo keeper came up to the bear tank and threw a watermelon over the fence. The biggest one swam over to get it and started munching on it right in front of us!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm not sure what we're going to do today. I'd like to go back to Hershey and get some chocolate souveneirs for my co-workers. They were nice enough to let me have tomorrow off so that I could come down here with Matty. I'll also get something for my mom as she has offered some great moral support through this weekend. This surely has opened my eyes about how much your life changes when kids start coming. To be honest, I don't know if it's for me. I'm not saying I'll break it off with Matty or anything, but right now the thought of me doing this all day every day makes me want to run in the other direction. I'm sure that'll change in a couple years. As of right now though, I'm looking forward to getting back to reality!!!

1 comment:

Midlife Mom said...

Adorable pictures! He sure looks like his Dad!