Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Good Weekend

So it was an interesting weekend, to say the least. Friday was my friend’s funeral which was not fun at all – they never are though. Friday night I went to a comedy show with my friend Willis. It was good to laugh – and we were with a good group of people, which always helps.

My brother also got an OUI Friday night, on top of finding out he was being evicted from his apartment. I’m hoping this is the last bad decision he makes for a long time. He is past due on a lifestyle change, and I worry about him daily.

Saturday I worked both jobs, then watched a handful of Grey’s Anatomy. Aunt Weezie lent me season one and two because I had never seen it before – now I’m hooked!

Sunday I had breakfast at my mom’s, then went to church with Aunt Weezie and the Uncle . I was very glad I went as the topic was anxiety – something that has been an issue with me lately. I listened carefully and took down notes – I really think going to church will help me find my way. I have been searching for guidance and am glad to finally have it. I think it’ll bring me closer to my family too, which is always a plus. After church mom and I went to Reny's and did some shopping. I've been feeling kind of lonely lately and I think mom sensed that, so she suggested that little day trip. On the way back we got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sundae at Baskin Robbins - it was amazing! I sent her flowers on Monday with a card that said "Thank you for everything you do, I'd be lost without you." I would definitely be lost without my mom.

I'm looking forward to church next week - I already feel an improvement and am relieved to see there's an end (of feeling lost) in sight.

No comments: