Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Catching Up

It's been a few days since I've posted so I figured I'd get on here and do some typing.

Last weekend was a typical Fun Size weekend. Friday was Joy's birthday so I hung out with her and a group of people at Paddy Murphy's which is a new Irish bar downtown. Then I went home, flipped through a magazine and went to bed early.

Saturday I went to the barn - I was roasting in my long-sleeved shirt! I'm one of those "chronically cold" people, so it was encouraging when I was even hot! Buddy had been acting kind of weird so Aunt Weezie ended up not riding - he almost fell over a couple times and figured he was having some kind of reaction. After the barn I showered, did some stuff around the house, picked brother up for a graduation party for my cousin, then worked 4-9:30.

Sunday I missed out on breakfast at mom's because they were camping in Bar Harbor. I still went over to her house and waited for Aunt Weezie to pick me up for church. This week they honored the graduates and handed out Bibles like they do every year. It seems like so long ago that I was one of those nervous teens standing up there!
After church we had our usual lunch at the Rudder - we had a whole crew go this time! It took a while to get our food though because there were crowds of graduates and their families. The seafood medley I ordered was worth the wait though!

This week has been pretty crazy at the office - we 'lent' one of our secretaries out to another practice that is extremely short-staffed. Those left at our office have felt the impact and have lots of work to do. I certainly don't mind the overtime though!

Last night we celebrated Mel's birthday at Flossie's (her mom) house. There were lots of people there so Matty and I got to mingle with different crowds every few minutes. We were a little too late for the food, so we posed for some pictures and ordered pizza (at my request). I'm a pretty healthy eater most of the time, but when it comes to pizza I become this complete maniac that eats like my stomach is a bottomless pit! 6 slices (and a few bites of Matty's) later I was ready for a food-induced coma. Man, don't I love pizza :)

1 comment:

Midlife Mom said...

I'm with you on the pizza! Pepperoni/bacon well done!!!! Yum!